Hi from Kendal!

Pitboot

I live on the edge of the Lake District so my wife and I are often out there soaking up the wonderful scenery, but we go elsewhere too. In my youth I was a climber and also did a lot of peaks all around the UK and abroad. Now I'm getting on a bit so I'm happy to wander along a lake shore as well as bagging a Wainwright. I found this site as I was looking for an alternative to the forum I have been on for years, it got too political and nit picking, with trolls a plenty under every bridge. My nickname Pitboot comes from when I was in the army, a lot of my comrades were ex miners from Stoke, and I ended up with this moniker.

senior67

Hi Pitboot, great part of the country to live, I envy you I have spent many happy days walking in the Lake District in the past, one of my favourite places in the UK.

OP
P

Pitboot

Hi senior67! Thanks for the input. There's not a lot of activity on here is there?
At the moment it's ok to go for a local walk, we can risk it because we have "local" number plates, and things are relaxing a little. We are reluctant to venture too far because we don't want to risk getting caught out and having to call on the emergency services. lake side walks are still nice though.

senior67

Thanks for reply, I agree its not easy to get to chat to someone on this forum, perhaps we may be able to change that if people see that we are chatting, anyway I agree with what you are doing by being sensible regarding your walks, I have done Buttermere and Ullswater walks in the past and enjoyed them particularly a meal and a drink at the Glenridding Hotel after the Ullswater walk. I would love to get back up there but wont be doing so until we get the all clear. Take care. Fred.

Top Bottom